Last year for my birthday I wrote the 26 things I learnt in 26 years of my life, so this year I’m changing it up. I’m going to talk about the things I want to work on this year. Basically like New Year resolutions, but wayyyy cooler.
To start off, I’d just like to state.. HOW ON EARTH AM I ALREADY 27.. what da heck!? I really need to step back and rethink the title of my blog since it’s starting to age me. (Hahaha- sarcastically laughing to make myself feel better).
I can’t believe the vision I used to have about this age when I was younger. I mean I feel like we all talked about how we thought we’d be married, having kids, with stable careers at this age. I would love all those things, but I also love the path I’m on. It’ll definitely make for great stories one day….
Here are the 27 things I’m going to work on, or continue working on this year!
1) Praise myself more often. I had a great conversation the other day with some clients at work. We talked about how our society is obsessed with always needing to do better, and that we never stop and appreciate how far we’ve come and praise ourselves for what we’ve accomplished. This year I want to stop and be thankful for how far I’ve come and for all the things I’ve accomplished.
2) Stop using ‘busy’ as an excuse. I’m a huge believer that a person can always make time for the things they want to in life, yet I am constantly making the excuse that I’m too busy to do things. I need to be more honest with my true feelings and stop using my work as an excuse.
3) On the same note, I need to stop being so busy, and start saying ‘no’ more often. I can’t do everything, I need to realize that before I work myself to the bone!
4) Tell people how much they mean to me more often.
5) Spend more quality time with my grandma.
6) Practise my Spanish more before I lose it.
7) Spend less time on my phone, specially right before bed.
8) Stop eating food in my bed. I’ve woken up to too many melted chocolate chips in my bed (I wish I was kidding).
9) Be better with my money. I’ve actually gotten a lot better, but I need to continue to save, and spend money on needs and not wants.
10) Listen to the men I bring into my life. I often get caught up making up love stories and situations in my head. But I need to stop and realize that if a boy isn’t making time for me, he doesn’t truly want to.
11) Read more!
12) Keep my room more organized.
13) Make time for the meaningful relationships in my life, like family and friends.
14) Forgiveness. Holding onto grudges hurts no one else except myself. I need to learn to let go and move on.
15) Don’t stress about the things I can’t control in my life. I can’t control what people say about me. I can’t control another persons feelings about me. I can only be kind and be myself.
16) Stop blocking people out of my life. Use my words to express my feelings and not the “block” button.
17) Disconnect more often from social media.
18) Find new passions that make me happy.
19) Cook and bake more.
20) Start the things I keep telling myself I’ll do later in life.
21) Take myself on dates. Buy myself flowers. Who needs a man for those things?
22) Stop unnecessarily filtering myself because I’m scared people won’t like who I am.
23) And at the same time, stop trying to filter others because I’m scared of how people will also view them (that’s not my problem).
24) Stop worrying so much about pleasing others, and please myself.
25) Stop filtering my emotions. I’m allowed to feel however I want to and don’t need to feel sorry for that.
26) Answer phone calls, texts, emails, etc. as soon as I can. It’s the adult thing to do.
27) Stop allowing an age define me and where I should be in life.